School Learning Plan
Beaverton High School
We believe ALL students will graduate prepared for, confident in, and excited about the future they choose.
- We continually engage in collaborative efforts to create a school that activates the potential of every individual.
- We are focused on aspirational mission and clear core values.
- We are guided by a clear vision of secondary readiness.
- We are driven by a desire to become an anti-biased anti-racist school and community.
Our Core Values (identity)
Our vision of secondary readiness for ALL students
- Increasing respect throughout the BHS culture (Beaver Lodge, assemblies, student unions, clubs and organizations, social emotional learning, restorative discipline practices)
- Involvement of all students in the life of school (activities, athletics, clubs)
- Engagement of students and educators in improving our culture (Beaver Congress, culture grants)
- Communication with families (regular updates, principal’s coffees, social media, teacher contacts)
- Continued community partnerships (Community partnership team, alumni, BFAN, Success Fund)
- Academic program
- 9th Grade Teams for all core content areas
- AVID school wide implementation (8 sections of AVID elective)
- Expand Advanced Placement course offerings, increase minority participation, and grow overall enrollment
- Immersive inclusion of emerging bilinguals
- Teamed resource model (SpEd)
- Career Technical Education pathways (engineering, education, marketing, digital media, health careers)
- Dual Language Program (math, science, language arts in Spanish)
Our Commitments to ABA
In our shared work to become an antiracist school we will:
- Challenge biases and prejudices that we see
- Educate ourselves and others about antiracism
- Take action to eradicate racism from our school
This is the work of EVERY member of the BHS community.
Date of Last Revision: December 30, 2020
District Goal: WE empower all students to achieve post-high school success.
WE Expect Excellence
- WE teach students knowledge and skills for our evolving world.
- WE seek, support, and recognize world-class employees.
- WE engage students with a variety of relevant and challenging learning experiences.
- WE create learning environments that promote student achievement.
WE Embrace Equity
- WE build honest, safe, and inclusive relationships with our diverse students and their families.
- WE provide needed support so that every student succeeds.
- WE work and learn in teams to understand student needs and improve learning outcomes.
- WE partner with our community to educate and serve students.