Beaverton High School
Core Purpose and Core Values
The coming years will present a variety of challenges and opportunities for schools. Changes in the curriculum, increased use of technology, and a changing school population are just a few of the possible changes that are ahead for BHS. School communities that have a strong sense of direction and purpose are poised to seize the opportunities that present themselves and weather any challenges. A clearly stated and shared set of core values can guide us toward a productive and successful future.
Beaverton High School’s Core Purpose and Core Values are outlined below:
We believe that ALL students will graduate from BHS prepared for, confident in, and excited about the future they choose.
Excellence inspires us: We demand excellence in every aspect of our school.
- We hold students, faculty, and staff to high standards and support all in reaching their fullest potential.
- We strive to ensure our academic programs are demanding and that they genuinely prepare all students for success.
- Our athletic and extracurricular activities programs demand the best from all participants.
Learning transforms us: We instill a passion for exploring ideas, questions, and possibilities.
- We recognize the power of education to shape the future of individuals.
- Students benefit from rigorous, engaging, and relevant educational experiences.
- Highly talented teachers and staff foster academic achievement within communities of learners and are learners themselves.
Community connects us: We are a caring, inclusive, and collaborative community.
- We actively engage every member of the Beaverton High School community—students, staff, families, and our community partners—in pursuit of our mission.
- Together we celebrate the diversity of our community and recognize it as one of our greatest strengths.
- We enhance our school and community through service and action.
Tradition unites us: We recognize and embrace our rich legacy and traditions.
- Everyone in our community contributes their best to the success of our school.
- Our traditions keep us mindful of our pursuit of excellence and commitment to our community.
- We celebrate the accomplishments, both past and present, of our school, students, and staff.